December 22, 2010

support


I'm a hard person to get to know.  No, that's an understatement.  It's damned near impossible to really get to know me.  So when a cadre of former colleauges presented me with this gift basket full of beer, chocolate and more beer......it meant a lot to me.  Two of them have had the misfortune of watching a loved one suffer through and ultimately succumb to cancer.  Nothing creates a mutual understanding like shared pain.  I can explicitly recall when one was going through it several years back.  I remember some long and difficult conversations in my office.  I tried to help in whatever small way I could.  Honestly, I didn't think I did much in comparison to the pain they were going through.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I know now that sometimes those small tokens of caring can make all the difference in the world.  Thank you!

No comments: