August 16, 2009

Well, this is it. It's the last night before my first class. In a lot of ways, I'm ready for it to start. Not so much for the excitement but to get rid of all the butterflies and emotions. I'm not real familiar with those. I liken it to football (I learned more about life from that sport than I ever did from school). During any game, I always wanted to get my first hit out of the way on the first play. Kinda strange given that I played QB. But that first hit clarified everything. It settled my nerves down and let me start to get into a rhythm. That's what I want to happen here. I want all the feelings bound up in nervousness, insecurities, doubts, etc. to just fade into the background a bit and let my mind take over. They've had a front seat for long enough. It's time for the beauty of cold, analytical logic to kick in. After studying nonstop for weeks on end, I'll probably come to regret that wish.

No comments: