September 3, 2015

payment

When I tell people I'm a doctor, they think of one of two things. A) they want me to diagnose some ailment they have or B) think how rich I must be. Let me correct the latter presumption. I just got my first paycheck. I make just over $11 per hour. The drive through at the Taco Cabana I just passed through to pick up dinner(?) at 10:30 am was hiring at $9 per hour. But to be fair, that $11 is after taxes, liability insurance, disability insurance, and most importantly, health insurance. So am I mad to be making so little per hour for such highly skilled labor? Absolutely not. I'm thrilled to get it. I've been too long living off of student loans and the graciousness of family members. That doesn't feel good to me deep down. So while I'm not exactly rolling in the cash, it's nice to know I don't have to worry about my house note anymore. Well, I don't have to worry about it as much.

No comments: