August 26, 2010

brachial plexus

Brachial plexus?  Never heard of it you say?  Well, pull up a chair and a beer and let me tell ya about that evil monster.  Let me first give you just a clue about my thoughts on the hideous beast.  The next time someone says how wonderfully designed our bodies are, I'm going to tilt my head back and let out a deep belly laugh because I have seen the brachial plexus with my own two eyes.  I have held its chords with mine own fingers.  It is a labyrinth where upon if one stares upon it too long, one goes in mad with confusion and frustration.  An endless knot, it is.  Still want to see it?  Ye be warned.



I spent nearly four and half hours dissecting this monstrosity of nerves on our cadaver.  That's what it is.  It's a collection of nerve fibers that go through your armpit and at that spot they for some reason decided to have an orgy of confusion to wreak havoc on future med students.  They cross and criss-cross and then merge back again just to piss you off.  You couldn't come up with a more confusing bundle of pathways if you wanted to.  It's worse than the drunken Aggie designed Houston freeway system.  But I can proudly say that out of all these bundles going off in inumerable directions, I only cut one single nerve in the wrong place.  Now I just have to figure out a way to remember these buggers long enough for the exam, never mind what they actually do.... 

1 comment:

BRACHIAL PLEXUS said...

Amazing article :)
its really good thing you have shared thanks for info
BRACHIAL PLEXUS